Historic building from the 14th century located in the south of Chianti in Tuscany and on the edge of Crete Senesi (20 mns east of Siena) . The property offers an exclusive location where you will find the quiet athmostphere of rural surrounding and a fabulous scenery.
Villa esthete completely renovated by an art collector in a sober and contemporary style , respectful of the heritage aspect of the building.
The villa comprises a total area of 1000 m2 (10,000 sqft) Internally it has 26 rooms, a large and bright living area, 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a guest apartment. The villa consists of a large two-story building " arranged L shape". A gallery with stones arches on two floors (ground and first floor) gives the whole property a very original personality. The villa has been completely renovated by an art collector in a sober and contemporary style, respectful of the heritage aspect of the building.
A small building, next to the vegetable garden and fruit trees, used as a two-car garage and storage place. A second building could be renovated (residential 80m2 ).
The outdoor pool is surrounded by flower beds and trees, preserving intimacy.
Historicaly, the property was used to give hospitality to the pilgrims on the road between the city of Siena and the Arno Valley. This large building was enlisted specifically in the cadastre Leopoldino "Il catasto general di Terraferma " enacted in 1765 by Pietro Leopoldo Granduca di Toscana (see file attached).
The property is Located inside a property of an area of 7 hectares of farmland including a grove of about 700 olive trees. It is decorated with over 50 cypresses.
The villa offers an ideal location :on top of a hill, 5 minutes drive from the village of Castelnuovo Berardenga with all shops and facilities (9,000 inhabitants). Ideally located south of the Chianti region , the villa is located only 20 minutes drive from Siena , 90 minutes from Florence ( airport).
Price to agree